These delicious keto huevos rancheros will kick up your breakfast a notch. will A quick and easy brunch that takes 20 minutes and uses only one pan!
Huevos rancheros is a mexican breakfast dish that is typically served mid-morning: the time we know as brunch.
The original dish consists of fried eggs served on top of tortillas, topped with fresh salsa and served alongside beans, rice, and sliced avocado.
Now, if you eat paleo or keto, your typical corn or flour tortillas are going to be a no-go. But why shouldn’t we still get to enjoy our own version of this delicious breakfast dish?
I bring you: keto huevos rancheros. They’re gluten free, grain free, dairy free, and paleo too. Everybody wins!
I had a few of these awesome tortillas leftover from when I made these fish tacos, and I wasn’t sure what to do with them – I wanted to use them for something other than a taco. I saw the leftover chorizo from the pizza with that awesome crust, and a ripe avocado that needed eating, and it was game on.
If you’re looking to make your own tortillas rather than order some, Gnom Gnom has a recipe for keto tortillas here.
I like to make a big batch of chorizo and keep it on hand, as I use it in a lot of different ways. Once you’ve got your chorizo made and cooked, it’s all downhill from there.
Toast up your tortilla, top it with some chorizo, top the chorizo with a fried egg, a bit of salsa, and some chopped up avocado, and you’ve got yourself some keto huevos rancheros.
My favorite part about this recipe is that you can make the whole thing using one pan. As long as you heat everything in the right order, one pan and 20 minutes is all you need, and gourmet brunch is served!
Or, if you’re me, dinner. Because there’s nothing better than breakfast food for dinner.
- 4 Gourmet Cave paleo street size tortillas
- 8 ounces ground chorizo sausage
- 4 eggs
- 2 avocados
- fresh chives and cilantro
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over low-medium heat.
- Add the tortillas to the pan one or two at a time in a single layer. Cook 3-4 minutes per side or until browned on the edges, then remove to plates and keep warm.
- Add the chorizo to the pan and turn the heat up to medium-high. Cook 8-10 minutes or until cooked through, then divide evenly between the 4 tortillas.
- Leaving the grease from the chorizo in the pan, crack the eggs into the pan and cover. Cook until over-medium or desired level of doneness.
- Top each plate of tortilla and chorizo with one egg.
- Top with diced avocado, salsa, and chopped fresh chives and cilantro and serve immediately.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 533Total Fat: 42gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 27gCholesterol: 236mgSodium: 901mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 7gSugar: 1gProtein: 23g