This pumpkin smoothie is creamy, dairy free, and the perfect refreshing treat. With only six ingredients, it's the easiest fall breakfast around!
First things first. Let's do a little pumpkin smoothie throwback, shall we?
I'm all for recognizing where you came from. You wouldn't be where you are without your past experiences. I started this blog just to write down the things I was eating. An elaborate food journal, but a food journal nonetheless.
Can we agree that photography was not my forte?
Sheesh. I think it's clear that at the time, I knew no one was looking at this. But now YOU'RE here looking at this, so I'm cleaning up my act!
This pumpkin smoothie recipe is quick and delicious. Instead of just falling in the "pumpkin spice" category of recipes, it contains actual pumpkin, which has lots of health benefits!
Health Benefits of Pumpkin
Unlike most fall recipes that are centered around pumpkin spice, this pumpkin smoothie recipe contains actual pumpkin, which carries many health benefits.
- Pumpkin is high in vitamins and minerals while being low in calories. It’s also a great source of beta-carotene, a carotenoid that your body converts into vitamin A.
- Pumpkin is packed with nutrients and yet has under 50 calories per cup (245 grams). This makes it a nutrient-dense food. It’s also a good source of fiber.
- Pumpkin is a good source of potassium, vitamin C, fiber and antioxidants, which have been linked to heart health benefits.
Canned vs. Fresh Pumpkin
This pumpkin smoothie recipe uses canned pumpkin for a couple of reasons:
- Fresh pumpkin has a very high water content, and will be runnier than canned pumpkin, which will change the overall consistency of the pumpkin smoothie.
- Canned pumpkin is smooth. Smoother than you'll ever get fresh pumpkin. I am not a fan of a chunky or stringy pumpkin smoothie, so I stick with the canned kind for this recipe!
Pumpkin isn't your thing? Check out my Banana Coffee Smoothie for a morning pick-me-up!
- 1 c pumpkin
- ¼ c maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ c almond milk
- 1 ½ c ice
- Combine all ingredients in blender on high until combined. Pour into glasses and serve immediately.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 2 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 137Saturated Fat: 1gSodium: 86mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 1gSugar: 26gProtein: 1g