Fluffy, soft, and bursting with juicy blueberries, these paleo pumpkin pancakes bring all the deliciousness to the breakfast table without any of the guilt.
If you’re craving a nutritious breakfast that tastes like a treat, paleo pumpkin pancakes are it! This healthy paleo pumpkin pancake recipe is easy to make and creates fluffy pumpkin pancakes just like the real thing. Yum!
Paleo baked goods can be hard. Whether we want to admit it or not, it can be really hard to recreate the gluten deliciousness that comes in our non-paleo bakery items.
Pancakes, on the other hand, I have not had issues with. With the use of eggs to create a fluffy texture, and the use of a dense carbohydrate like bananas, or in this case pumpkin, you can easily create a batter that makes perfect pancakes for breakfast.
And if you want to eat them for lunch too? I’m not here to stop you.
If you’ve been eating paleo for a while, breakfasts can seem heavy on the eggs. And sometimes you may feel like you can’t possibly eat another egg.
This paleo pumpkin pancake recipe won't leave you in the sugar comas of your past.
Grab your pancake griddle and your favorite paleo pancake toppings.
Here's how to make healthy pancakes that taste like the fluffy pancakes you love – without all of the refined flours and sugars you don’t.
- ½ c canned pumpkin
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- ¼. teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ c blueberries
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Combine the pumpkin and eggs in a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add the coconut flour, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla and whisk until fully incorporated.
- Fold the blueberries into the batter.
- In a skillet over medium heat, heat half the coconut oil until melted.
- Pour the batter into the pan in small circles. (I cooked 2 batches, 4 at a time in a large skillet, but this will depend on the size of your pan!)
- Cook 3-4 minutes per side, flipping once the pancakes begins to firm on the bottom and no longer appears liquidy on top.
- Top with grassfed butter and maple syrup and serve immediately!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 4 pancakes
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 224Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 279mgSodium: 270mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 3gSugar: 5gProtein: 11g