This dairy free creamy cilantro lime dressing takes just minutes to make! The perfect salad dressing, dip, topping or sauce for a burst of flavor.
I've said it before and I'll say it again: sauce is king. And this creamy cilantro lime dressing is no exception. It is perfect - cool, creamy, and requires no cooking.
For real, though, what meal isn't transformed for the better by a good sauce, dressing, or dip?
What goes in creamy cilantro lime dressing
Not a whole lot, honestly. It's mayonnaise based. That, plus some cilantro, lime, vinegar, and salt.
You can use my homemade mayo as the base for this. If you don't have homemade mayo on hand, or don't have time to make it, you can certainly use store-bought.
I use this avocado oil mayo (they sell it at my Costco), but if you're on Whole30, watch out - it has honey in it, so you'll need to make your own or purchase the Primal Kitchen mayo, which is Whole30 compliant.
What you can use this dressing for
Here are some ideas:
- salad with salmon and avocado
- mix with shredded chicken to make chicken salad
- mix with tuna instead of mayo
- as a dip for fresh veggies
- as a topping for roasted white potatoes
- a topping for sweet potatoes
If you come up with another great combo, add it in the comments so we can all reap the rewards of your kitchen prowess!
I don't like mayonnaise. What else can I use?
I haven't tried it, but I think plain greek yogurt would make a great substitute if you tolerate dairy!
You could also try coconut cream, and thin it out with a bit of almond milk if needed. I use this brand of coconut cream.
Whatever you top with it, this creamy cilantro lime dressing is the star of the show!
- 1 ¼ cups mayo
- ½ cup cilantro, packed
- 1 whole lime, zest and juice
- 2 Tablespoons white wine vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Combine the cilantro, lime zest, lime juice, vinegar and salt in a food processor and pulse to combine.
- Add the mayo and pulse a few times until all ingredients are combined. Be careful not to over process your mayo, or it may separate! Just a few pulses should do the trick.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 10 ounces
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1Sodium: 59mgCarbohydrates: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 1g
I may earn a small commission off purchases made through affiliate links in this post from Amazon and other sellers. This helps me continue to run the blog and keep providing you fresh content. Thank you for your support!