This keto chicken bacon ranch casserole is simple, delicious, and is a hit with both kids and adults. It's the perfect healthy weeknight dinner that everyone will love - and it even freezes well, too!
This keto chicken bacon ranch casserole is inspired by favorite pizza toppings. All of the flavor, none of the guilt, and kids love it too!
What do we want out of life? I want a few things, but complicated and hard to make recipes are not one of them. This keto chicken bacon ranch casserole really sums up what I want in life.
Simplicity, deliciousness, and all my favorite pizza flavors.
As most of you know, I have a Pizza Problem. (And yes, it deserves capitalization. It's a Serious Situation.)
So my new healthy habit is trying to turn my favorite pizza toppings into other forms of food. That's why I made these Pepperoni and Pineapple Skewers - that's one of my favorite topping combos. A little spicy, a little sweet. Then I made the Pizza Pasta, which has a great spicy Italian sausage flavor to it.
And now, I bring you Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole.
How to make keto chicken bacon ranch casserole
This chicken bacon ranch casserole is just as easy as its inspiration recipe, the buffalo chicken casserole. I'm a big fan of anything you can throw in a pan, stir, stick in the oven, and call dinner. Amiright?
There are a few prep steps for this one- you'll need cooked chicken breast and bacon, and you'll need chopped veggies. (I like to cook batches of chicken breasts and keep them on hand!)
For the veggies, if you need to save time, you can buy pre-riced cauliflower. Lazy? Yes. More expensive? Yes. Cleaner, easier, and best option with a toddler? Also yes.
So, that's it. You're going to take all your ingredients, put them in a pan, stir, and bake. Weeknight dinner is done.
Can you make this in an Instant Pot or pressure cooker
I honestly haven't tried, but it's on my to-do list! I've had readers experiment with the Buffalo Chicken Casserole in the Instant Pot with great success.
This recipe is very similar, so I anticipate the results would be similar as well.
If you try it, here's what I would suggest:
- Set pot to sauté
- add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- Sauté chopped onion for 2-3 mins until tender
- Set pot to manual
- Add all other ingredients except ranch dressing to the pot, placing chicken on top
- Set timer to 25 if chicken is frozen; 15 if thawed
- Cover and ensure vent is closed
- After it's done, manually release pressure
- Remove lid, add ranch dressing, mix well
Chicken should be tender enough that it breaks apart right there in the pot! If you try it, let me know in the comments how it comes out.
How long will keto chicken bacon ranch casserole keep in the fridge
Leftovers will keep in the fridge for up to about a week.
Any longer than that and I would suggest freezing to make sure it stays fresh. Once it's refrigerated, it will get a bit firmer. That will make it easier to cut into squares and freeze in individual portions, if you prefer!
Sometimes I prefer this so I can grab them in a pinch for easy lunches, or defrost just one or two pieces when I need them, rather than the entire casserole.
Is this keto chicken bacon ranch casserole Whole30 compliant
Yesssss this one is! Pizza toppings for the win!
To ensure it is Whole30 friendly:
Make sure that your bacon does not have added sugar, and that if you aren't making a batch of my homemade ranch dressing you have a compliant dressing such as Primal Kitchen's ranch dressing on hand to use instead.
- 1 pound shredded chicken
- 1 medium onion,, diced
- 1 head cauliflower,, riced
- 10 oz package bacon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- Lay the bacon out flat on a baking sheet. Place in the 400° oven for 15 minutes or until crispy.
- While the bacon is cooking, rice your head of cauliflower and dice up your onion and place in a 9x11 baking dish. Sprinkle with the salt and stir to combine.
- Remove the bacon from the oven and set aside to cool. Turn the oven temp down to 350°.
- Place the chicken on the baking sheet and bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until no longer pink. (Leave the oven on!)
- While the chicken is baking, chop or crumble the bacon and add to the dish.
- When chicken is done, chop up or shred in your stand mixer with the paddle attachment on a low speed. Add the chicken to the dish with the cauliflower, onion, and bacon.
- Add the ranch dressing and stir to combine, making sure everything is completely coated.
- Bake at 350° covered for 30 minutes, then uncover and bake 10 minutes more. For the last 5 minutes, turn the oven on broil and crisp up the top, watching closely to make sure it doesn't burn!
- Serve immediately. Top with extra bacon, extra ranch, or fresh herbs for bonus points!
Leftovers will store in the fridge for up to a week.
Casserole can be frozen before or after cooking, and reheats well. Simply drain off any excess water from the cauliflower after baking or reheating.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 6 people
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 412Saturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 114mgSodium: 1256mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 28g
If you made this keto chicken bacon ranch casserole, post a photo and tag me on social - I want to see! What's your next keto casserole to make? Mine is this Chicken Burrito Casserole from Paleo Running Momma - YUM!